Brenda C. George, Prothonotary and Clerk of Courts
Armstrong County Courthouse
500 E. Market Street
Kittanning, PA 16201
We are dedicated to maintaining accurate court records, promoting an environment of continuous improvement and enhancing our efficiency in delivering services to our customers which can be achieved through training and advanced technology.
The Prothonotary is the chief custodian of the Civil Records of the Court of Common Pleas with the administrative responsibility for their safekeeping and preservation. Related duties include:
- Assessing fees associated with the filing of documents
- Maintenance of civil dockets and indices for public inspection
- General notarizing
- Collection and distribution of State mandated fees to appropriate agencies
- Maintenance of domestic relation records and filings.
Clerk of Courts
The Clerk of Courts is the chief custodian of the criminal records of the Court of Common Pleas including all related motions and filings. Related duties include:
- Maintenance of criminal cases certified to the Court of Common Pleas
- Maintenance of juvenile records
- Processing Commonwealth and Superior Court Appeals
- Assessment, collection and distribution of fines, costs and restitution
- Administers oaths and affirmations to public officials and court proceedings
- Reporting dispositions of criminal cases to Department of Transportation
- Processing bail
- Licensing private detectives
- Passport acceptance agent
View Criminal Information on the Web (UJSPortal Instructions)
**E-Payments now available at the UJS Portal!!
Debit, Credit Cards accepted.
James A. Favero, Esq.
250 Arch Street
Kittanning, PA 16201
Passport Acceptance Agent
Individuals applying for a passport must appear in person at the Clerk of Court's Office with the following documents:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship, a previous passport or a certified birth certificate. All United States birth certificates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Show the full name of parent(s);
- Be issued by the office of vital statistics of the state, county, or city where the birth occurred;
- Show the full name of child at birth;
- Bear the embossed, impressed, multi-colored, or raised seal and signature of the issuing authority;
- Indicate a registration or file date that is within one year of the birth; and
- Be an original and certified document (notarized copies and photocopies are not accepted)
- One (1) passport picture (2" x 2"). The photograph must be color, clear, with a full-front view of your face with a plain light (white or off-white background). Passport pictures are available to be taken for $8.00.
(Passport pictures available for first-time applicants only)
- Proof of Identity such as a Driver's License.
- Fees by check or money order as follows:
- Adults 16 and over: $110.00 payable to US Department of State
- Minors under 16: $80.00 payable to US Department of State
- A $25.00 execution fee is due the Clerk of Courts for each application and may be paid by check, money order or cash.
- A $60.00 expedite fee may be included for a ten working day return.
- Effective, February 1, 2008, children under 16 years old applying for a passport require both parents' signatures. Please contact the Clerk of Court's office for more specific instructions.
You may use the renewal by mail form (DS-82) only if:
- The issue date of your last passport was less than 15 years ago;
- You were 16 or older when it was issued;
- Your name is the same or you can submit name-change documentation (marriage certificate or court order);
- You can submit prior passport;
- It is undamaged.
**PLEASE NOTE: PASSPORT RENEWAL APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPEAR AT THE CLERK OF COURTS**
Fee for renewal: $110.00
U.S. PASSPORT CARDS NOW AVAILABLE!!!
Not for travel by air. Valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only.
- 10 years for adults
- 5 years for minors
Cost for first time applicants:
- $30.00 for adults
- $15.00 for minors
Cost for U.S. Passport book holders:
**PLEASE CONTACT THE PASSPORT AGENCY AT 1-877-487-2778 OR HTTP://WWW.TRAVEL.STATE.GOV FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. ALL INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.