Janet D. Talerico - Executive Director
326 Water Street, Suite 1
Kittanning, PA 16201
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The Armstrong County Area Agency on Aging provides programs and services for Armstrong County residents primarily age 60 and over.
The Agency is a community service agency for older adults providing information and services to help seniors remain active and independent in the community. The Agency is funded through the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, the Federal Older Americans Act, the County of Armstrong, service fees and private donations of seniors and their families.
The Armstrong County Area Agency on Aging was established in 1976 and is one of 52 Area Agencies on Aging in Pennsylvania.
MISSION STATEMENT: Armstrong County Area Agency on Aging is committed to plan, organize, convene, program, and fund, where possible, quality services, preserving the dignity and rights of older adults and advocating for their diverse needs.
This Web site should not be used to convey consumer-specified concerns, emergencies or allegations of abuse or neglect.
ELDER ABUSE REPORTS: Reports of elder abuse (age 60 and over) can be made (anonymously, if neccessary) 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 724-548-3290 or 1-800-368-1066. All reports are investigated by a trained Protective Service Care Manager.
- Our Annual Art Show will be held on May 20th, 2015
- A link to the AAA Calander of Events for 2015
- To check for Senior Center closings, closing listings will be on KDKA, WTAE, or WPXI TV. Watch for the listing titled "Armstrong Co. Senior Centers". Additional information found here
- To check for Home Delivered Meals closings, check KDKA, WTAE and WPXI TV. Watch for the listing "Armstrong County Home-Delivered Meals" Additional information found here
WHAT IS APPRISE?
APPRISE is a free health insurance counseling program designed to help all Pennsylvanians with Medicare. Counselors are specially trained staff and volunteers who can answer your questions about Medicare and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare. APPRISE can help you if you are new to Medicare, during the Annual Open Enrollment Period, which is October 15th through December 7th of every year, and during the Annual Disenrollment Period, which is January 1st through February 14th of every year. Call Sandy Fennell, APPRISE Coordinator, at (724) 548-3290 to schedule an appointment.
APPRISE can also help you save money by determining eligibility for the Low Income Subsidy (LIS), which can lower your prescription co-pays and premiums and cover the cost of the ‘donut hole” (coverage gap), or your eligibility for the Medicare Savings Program (MSP), which can help you lower or eliminate your Part B premium and possibly help with the payment of your Medicare Part A and Part B cost-sharing. The Pennsylvania Health Law Project (PHLP), which is a partner of the APPRISE Program, can also provide information on these programs, in addition to providing information on access to healthcare for low-income consumers, the elderly, and persons with disabilities. You can assess their link at http://www.phlp.org/.
- A guide to Legal Issues for PA Senior Citizens can be found here
- Apprise (Health Insurance) Program needs Volunteers, click here for more information
- Here are 2 files with information on the new Laws for Voting and ID; 1, 2