Janet D. Talerico - Executive Director
326 Water Street, Suite 1
Kittanning, PA 16201
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The Armstrong County Area Agency on Aging provides programs and services for Armstrong County residents primarily age 60 and over.
The Agency is a community service agency for older adults providing information and services to help seniors remain active and independent in the community. The Agency is funded through the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, the Federal Older Americans Act, the County of Armstrong, service fees and private donations of seniors and their families.
The Armstrong County Area Agency on Aging was established in 1976 and is one of 52 Area Agencies on Aging in Pennsylvania.
MISSION STATEMENT: Armstrong County Area Agency on Aging is committed to plan, organize, convene, program, and fund, where possible, quality services, preserving the dignity and rights of older adults and advocating for their diverse needs.
This Web site should not be used to convey consumer-specified concerns, emergencies or allegations of abuse or neglect.
ELDER ABUSE REPORTS: Reports of elder abuse (age 60 and over) can be made (anonymously, if neccessary) 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 724-548-3290 or 1-800-368-1066. All reports are investigated by a trained Protective Service Care Manager.
- Information and dates for the Farmer's Market Vouchers can be found here
- The application for our annual Senior Games can be found here
- A link to the AAA Calander of Events for 2014
- To check for Senior Center closings, closing listings will be on KDKA, WTAE, or WPXI TV. Watch for the listing titled "Armstrong Co. Senior Centers". Additional information found here
- To check for Home Delivered Meals closings, check KDKA, WTAE and WPXI TV. Watch for the listing "Armstrong County Home-Delivered Meals" Additional information found here
- A guide to Legal Issues for PA Senior Citizens can be found here
- Apprise (Health Insurance) Program needs Volunteers, click here for more information
- Here is a write up from our recent Art Show
- Here are 2 files with information on the new Laws for Voting and ID; 1, 2