Economic Develop.

Economic Development

The Armstrong County Department of Economic Development provides staff to the Armstrong County Industrial Development Council (IDC), a 501(c)(3) non-profit economic development corporation.  By providing tools such as financing, site selection, workforce development assistance and more, the IDC's goals are to improve Armstrong County’s business environment through retention and expansion of existing businesses and attraction of new investment. Click here for more Information.

Conservation Dist.

Conservation District

The Armstrong Conservation District works to restore degraded watersheds, promote sustainable farms, healthy forests, and growing vibrant and sustainable communities. The District will work with many private and public partners for the betterment of our natural resources and the citizens of Armstrong County. The District provides technical, administrative, and financial support through many programs such as the dirt, gravel, low volume roads program; the agricultural lands preservation program; the erosion and sediment pollution control program; the watershed protection and restoration program; and many other outreach efforts of the District



The Armstrong County Jail, which opened in August of 2003, has a capacity of 158 inmates. The facility grants a safe environment to the Armstrong County community by providing the care and control of the jail's residents.


Belmont Complex

For over 50 years, the Belmont Complex has been a recreational facility that draws over 40,000 residents and visitors alike to the arena, pool and banquet facilities yearly.

Login Form

Election FAQ's


How can I register to vote?
There are numerous ways in which you can register to vote…·  

     • When you apply for a drivers license, renew your drivers licenses or change your        address on your drivers licenses, or·

     • Go to our website at and click on the Voter Registration        Application, or·

     • Check with your local Post Office, Library, Municipal Office or any Federal agency that        offers assistance, or·

     • Most any candidate or party committee member will have registration forms, or·

By calling the Registration Office 724/548-3222 or 724/548-3395 and requesting a registration form.NOTE:  Registration closes thirty (30) days prior to every primary and general election.
How do I change my address or political party?
You may complete the PARTY/ADDRESS CHANGE form and submit it to our office at Armstrong County Elections Bureau, 450 E Market Street, Kittanning, PA  16201.  Alternatively, this can be done through the renewal of your drivers license, or by calling the Bureau of Elections at 724/548-3222 or 724/548-3395.
How do I find out information about the candidates?
Listen or read what the new media has to report, more important go to the candidate debates or talk to the candidates personally.  The Election Bureau will never give out information concerning candidates view points.
How do I request information? 
To request Voter Registration Information you must complete the REQUEST FORM (SURE) and submit to our office at Armstrong County Elections Bureau, 450 E Market Street, Kittanning, PA  16201 along with a copy of identification of the person submitting request.
To request Campaign finance reports or any other public information you must complete the REQUEST FORM (GENERAL) and submit it to our office at Armstrong County Elections Bureau, 450 E Market Street, Kittanning, PA  16201 along with a copy of identification of the person submitting request.
How do I vote by absentee?
If you will be out of your municipality during the hours the polling places are open on election day or if you have an illness or physical disability that prohibits you from going to your polling place, then you may vote by absentee.  Simply click on the Application for Absentee Ballot form on this website or call our office at 724/548-3222 or 724/548-3395 and we will send you an application.
How old do I have to be to get registered to vote? 
You have to be 18 years of age by the day after the ensuing election.
How to find out if I am registered to vote?
Go to the state website at or call the Registration Office at 724/548-3222 or 724/548-3395.
How to run for political office?
You must call the Election Bureau in January of each year to see if the office you are interested in is up for election.  Judicial, County, City Township, Borough, and School District offices are always on odd numbered years.  Federal State and party offices are on even number years.         
Click here for more information.
If I missed voting last year am I still registered to vote?
Under the new Pennsylvania Voter Registration Act you must be inactive for (5) years.  Even then you will be notified before you are removed.
In the November Election, when I vote straight party, may I also vote for a candidate of another party? ill be notified before you are removed.
Yes, you may vote straight party and also vote for a candidate of another party.  The tabulation system will count all of the straight party votes and for the office you voted for another party candidate, the system will not count the straight party vote, but will count the vote for the candidate of your choice.
When are the Polls open?
From 7:00 AM continuously until 8:00 PM.
Why can I not vote in the primary if I am not registered as a Republican or Democrat?
Pennsylvania has what is called a closed Primary, which only allows Republicans and Democrats to vote for candidates.  If there is a referendum on the ballot, all registered voters may vote for the referendum regardless of party affiliation.
Why should I vote? Does it really mean anything?
Your vote is very important.  There have been many candidates in Armstrong County that have won the election by one vote.