Armstrong Recycling Center
139 Armsdale Road
Kittanning, PA 16201
Sally Conklin, Recycling Coordinator
MECALL Services, LLC
Due to the overwhelming amount of materials being received at the Center, weekend drop-offs are no longer being accepted.
Due to the current markets, GLASS is no longer being accepted.
|Recycling Center Hours:|
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday.
• #1 & #2 Plastic Bottles and Jugs
• Office Paper
• Corrugated Cardboard
• Steel Cans
• Aluminum Cans
|Please remove caps from bottles and jugs and rinse food containers before recycling. Only the materials listed above are accepted. Additionally, program users are to drop the materials off presorted.|
|Recycling Trailer Program:|
|For your convenience, recycling trailers have been made available in select locations around the County. These sites are sponsored by the municipalities. Please do not abuse the sites by placing materials on the ground or placing materials in and around the site that are not acceptable. Your cooperation in appreciated.|
|Recycling Trailer Sites:|
• Cadogan Township – 326-A First Avenue, Cadogan, PA
• East Franklin Township – 106 Cherry Orchard Avenue, Kittanning, PA
• Freeport Borough – 20 Lower Market Street, Freeport, PA
• Madison Township – 107 Lawsonham Road, Templeton, PA
• Parker City – 204 South Wayne Avenue, Parker, PA
• South Buffalo Township – Boyd Road, Northpointe Industrial Park, Freeport, PA
• Ford City Borough – Coming Soon
|Placing materials on the ground or dropping off materials not included in the list of materials accepted is considered illegal dumping. Not only are violators subject to fines, the required clean up results in an increase of the cost of operations of the Center and its Programs. Please note that the Armstrong Recycling Center and its trailer sites are under video surveillance. If you are caught dropping off materials that are not accepted in the program, you could be subject to fines up to $300.|