|Firearms Application Renewal|
ATTENTON: Effective June 2, 2021 we will be processing applications during normal process which is is Monday, Wednesday and Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, with the exception of 12:00 - 1:00 pm for lunch. Please have either cash or a check/money order made out to "Armstrong County Sheriff," in the amount of $20.00 when you come to the office. We will continue follow social distancing guidelines outlined by the CDC within our office. This includes, reducing the maximum number of applicants in our office to three (3) at a time. You are also required to wear a mask upon entering the courthouse. You will be required to remove your mask for your photo. Applications are available below or at the front doors of our courthouse. It will speed the process if you could have the applications filled out before arrival. Please keep checking the webpage for any updates.
When coming be sure to have the following:
1. Your driver's license
2. $20.00 Cash or Check/Money Order in the amount of $20.00, made out to "Armstrong County Sheriff"
3. Completed Application
The Armstrong County Sheriff's Office would like to thank the community for all of their support and understanding during this whole situation.
Normal Business Hours and Procedure
• Applications are received Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (except 12:00 - 1:00 pm)
• The renewal application process is done at the same time you return your completed application.
• You must be 21 years of age to apply for a License to Carry Firearms Permit.
• You MUST complete an application to renew your License to Carry Firearms Permit.
• You must complete the application in it’s entirely, including having two personal references,
that of which are NOT family members.
• Proper identification is required and must be one of the following forms of identification:
| • PA driver’s license with photograph and current Armstrong County address
• State –issued non-driver’s identification card with photograph and current Armstrong County address
• If you are NOT a US citizen, you must present your immigration card
• If you are NOT a resident of Armstrong County, you must apply in the County you reside in
• Application fee is $20.00. Payment MUST be made at the time of application.
• Acceptable forms of payment include:
• personal check made payable to “Armstrong County Sheriff”
• money order payable to “Armstrong County Sheriff”
• CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
• We are only required to hold your application for 30 days, after which if you have not picked it up, we will send you a revoke letter with a refund $15.00
• Please keep in mind that we are NOT given a reason for a denial, If you are denied:
• we will let you know that you have been denied
• you will be given a PICS challenge application to fill out and mail in if desired
• we will send you a letter with a refund of $15.00
There are times when the License to Carry or PICS system is down and we are unable to process License to Carry Firearms. Please understand that this is out of our control and can happen at any given time and without an advance notice.