|Firearms Application Renewal|
ATTENTON: As of June 1, 2020, we will be processing applications like normal. Due to the COVID-19 virus, we will be implementing social distancing guidelines outlined by the CDC, within our office. This includes, reducing the maximum number of applicants in our office to three (3) at a time. Please keep in mind that there is space to wait your turn in the lobby. You are also required to wear a mask upon entering the courthouse. You can remove your mask for your photo. Applications are available below or at the front doors of our courthouse. Please keep checking the webpage for any updates.
When filling out your application, please be sure to bring along the following:
1. Your driver's license
2. $20.00 Cash, Check or Money Order in the amount of $20.00, made out to "Armstrong County Sheriff"
If you have already mailed your application in due to previous requirements, you can either make an appointment or wait until after June 1st and come in on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday to have your photo taken.
The Armstrong County Sheriff's Office would like to thank the community for all of their support and understanding during this whole situation.
NORMAL LICENSE TO CARRY PROCESSING
• Applications are received Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
| • PA driver’s license with photograph and current Armstrong County address
• State –issued non-driver’s identification card with photograph and current Armstrong County address
• If you are NOT a US citizen, you must present your immigration card
• If you are NOT a resident of Armstrong County, you must apply in the County you reside in
• Application fee is $20.00. Payment MUST be made at the time of application.
• Acceptable forms of payment include:
• personal check made payable to “Armstrong County Sheriff”
• money order payable to “Armstrong County Sheriff”
• CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
• We are only required to hold your application for 30 days, after which if you have not picked it up, we will send you a revoke letter with a refund $15.00
• Please keep in mind that we are NOT given a reason for a denial, If you are denied:
• we will let you know that you have been denied
• you will be given a PICS challenge application to fill out and mail in if desired
• we will send you a letter with a refund of $15.00
There are times when the License to Carry or PICS system is down and we are unable to process License to Carry Firearms. Please understand that this is out of our control and can happen at any given time and without an advance notice.